Problems with sorcerer-rpg.com

Started by lachek, July 16, 2009, 02:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachek

This may not be the right place to report such issues, so please feel free to delete this post.

The http://www.sorcerer-rpg.com website seems to be having a problem - it loads fine, but all/most of the sub-links in the left menu throws PHP errors or 404s (occasionally different ones at that). Did I hit it at a bad time, perhaps?

Ron Edwards

Easily answered ... the site is effectively destroyed. I don't know why or how. I've entered into a design project for the new site, which I hope will be minimally functional in a few weeks.

The books are all available for purchase at The Un-store, but the archived discussions, descriptions, essays, and other stuff at the site is out of service for a while.

Best, Ron

greyorm

Oh! Duh! I meant to e-mail you after I'd done this, but a couple weeks ago I managed to create a nearly-complete HTML back-up of the site pieced together from what remains of the live site and all the non-working bits from pages saved on the Internet Archive (using HTTrack and a lot of manual re-coding to strip out the PHP). So I have all the discussions from the old list, FAQ, Errata, and so forth (any of which could easily be stripped down to text and dropped into a database or however you're handling the new site).

As far as I know, I have everything from the site except the stuff from the Administration section, though some of it may be older than the last working live copy depending on when I was able to pull working copy from IA. But if you have need of any of it, let me know.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

greyorm

Except I just realized most of that probably sounds like Greek to you...succinctly: I made with the computer magic and created a working copy of the site.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Ron Edwards

Ooohh! I'm pretty sure I have my own original files for those things, but yes, Raven, that will save me a hell of a lot of hassle. Many thanks.

Best, Ron