The Perfect Tool

Started by Shreyas Sampat, September 12, 2010, 01:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shreyas Sampat

Jonathan Walton

It also strikes me like those Young Adult escape-oriented novels, like City of Ember and The Giver.  But with like, adults.

Bryan Hansel

Baxil

Catchy setting!  Curious what you plan for your third ingredient.

Shreyas Sampat

We'll see about ingredients when we get there.

For now, I'm trying to puzzle out Handler and Executive material, and I just don't know what to do with it! What sort of tools would you need to play in one of those roles for this game?

Bryan Hansel

A handler should somehow be able to create and modify a mission plan, someone gather intelligence from the ground and be able to provide new intelligence to the operatives. She should also be able to provide support from a distance through other operatives or other actors.

dindenver

Shreyas,
  I think the concept for this game is pretty slick!
  Maybe the Handler sets forth obstacles, but the Executive sets the TN. Maybe the TN comes from a limited amount of Resources the Executive has to bring to bear. He can blow his load on the first Effort, but if he does and the players can get past it, then he can provide no resistance to the follow up Efforts?
  Also, I think the Executive Player should have a Character that the Operatives can eventually encounter. Maybe he should be rated in the same stars and categories? and I think the Executive should have a randomly generated Agenda. To sort of represent the bureaucracy or external influence of their superiors. I don't think it would be beneficial to make the Executive player into an "Agent Smith" from the Matrix, but definitely make them a force to be reckoned with.
  What do you think?
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo