[Bliss Stage] Kids having kids

Started by Ron Edwards, October 29, 2010, 10:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Chinn

Hi Sam,

QuotePerhaps sex in our (Ron's) game has been taken a bit too lightly so far, as I haven't had any real winces yet

Ah, I don't mean sex specifically.  Just all the awkward poor decision making that teens make, and especially under pressure.   The wincing is in part from bad situations and bad decisions, yet make very emotionally -real- scenes.   The sex is just an extra powderkeg to that whole thing.

Chris

Ron Edwards

Hey, Sam's right though, at least or especially for his character Timmy. Sam, it seems to me as if you're embracing the whole "burn out" end of the thematic spectrum, with Timmy blasting relationships apart left and right and alienating others even when bonding with them. Which is cool, but takes on most of its power in comparison to the others' more nuanced situations rather than by itself, at least as I see it.

What I'm saying is that we've had some literal sex in the game, or at least hot groping, which was definitely in play (within the Lines) although Veiled to the sight. But Timmy has already exited himself from that whole scene.

Sam, what about your experience of playing Amira? I thought the Interlude scene between her and Tina definitely felt consistent with Tuomas' description of awkwardness, although it applied to talking about sex and relationships rather than doing them. I'm curious to see how you bring that character more into focus - note to self, lots of Interludes with Amira.

Best, Ron