[WoN] Inselbeg/Melnibone

Started by dindenver, November 01, 2010, 06:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dindenver

All,
  My Inselberg campaign is back on!
  I will have players in a week or two, so I need to prep up!
  I am going to go back and look at my notes, in the mean time, let me know what you think/would do please.
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

dindenver

Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

Eero Tuovinen

Ah, yes - this is most excellent. I especially like the elfin goblins - it's such an obvious evolutionary step for them, to become beings of light and beauty, but still cruel by nature. Cymoril being an elf is also rather perfect. And of course Edward/Elric the goblin will get Afflicted, the poor thing.

I would personally rather encourage players to make human characters for this - I see the issue of goblin humanity being a major theme here, for example, and it seems to me that it'll work better if the goblins and elves and such are perceived from the outside. The player characters can get close to the central trio and even intrude into their social drama, but there'll be this sweet tension over what goblinhood or elvishness really means - the community is such that the different people rub elbows and interact in all sorts of ways without anybody but perhaps the wisest understanding really what they are; "goblin" is just a word, and it's entirely possible that the people of Inselburg don't actually distinguish between the goblin-elfs and real elfs at all if they look similar enough... And the truth is, nobody can know another's inner being - does Cymoric love Elric, does she love me? Can she love? Does Elric have a heart, or is he just on some strange binge of charity among the serfs? Melniboneans have this delicious ambivalence about what their technical inhumanity really means, and TSoY enables the same rather fortuitously for its demihumans, too.

Do let us know how this develops.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.