[Secret Hearts] Looking for feedback and play-testers

Started by happysmellyfish, February 04, 2011, 07:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happysmellyfish

Hiya Forge!

After a whole bunch of grunt work, version 0.3 of Secret Hearts can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/?a60zrghkexk3n4m.

This is a huge step up from the other versions, largely because I've tried filling in the gaps. Oh, and the annoying backgrounds have been dropped.

I really think and hope Secret Hearts is a great game. Certainly my sessions have all been fun, and improving with each new version of the rules.

What I need now is feedback. The PDF is as good as my current insight and energy levels will allow.

On a nuts and bolts level, I need to know what someone coming to the document for the first time will understand about my game. I've laid things out the best way I can, but I also know a lot could be improved. What is the best way to detail rules? Do you follow a session chronologically, from Prologue to Climax? Or do you start with a stripped down version of a single Scene, and build out from there?

On a higher level, I need to know if the mechanics and theme in their current incarnation are breakable. As a gamist project, this is very important, because I don't want people to have to play nicely just to maintain the illusion of competition. If you see any gaping holes or obvious exploits, let me know!

On an ideal level, I really am keen to get people outside my own group playing this bad boy. Have a look at the PDF; maybe it'll spark your interest. If it's the sort of thing your mates would get a kick out of, take it for a spin and let me know how it goes!

I've still got a heap of ideas about Secret Hearts - how Canon works, different briefs, even a playable Producer.

But for now, I really need some fresh eyes to look at that PDF.

Thanks for reading!