RPG using chat programs

Started by briannissen, October 14, 2011, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briannissen

have a clever idea (instruction and GM booklet finished) for a RPG that you play on chat programs. Facebook is actually a great place to play it - you can make a group that no one else can see -. I think many people would be interested in this due to the platform.
The combat is a mix of turn by turn and bullet time. It is very interesting and if you don't like the game you should at least look at this mechanic, it calls for a good level of teamwork and strategy.

No dice rolls.

It is my goal to make GM-ing as simple as possible.

Character creation is very simple yet very involved

Just as an idea of what it is like :

Characters are in a future world that had the ability to forge metals and harness electricity stolen from them by self-titled 'Angels'. They also released magic in the world. So the world is a medieval looking one, with magic in its infancy. You must now hunt down the Angels.

I would like some feed back. Me and my friends have been playin' it and it is very fun and fulfilling. We would rather play this game on chat then most in person. So, if you would like the Player's and GM book, let me know and i will make it available

Titanium Man

I think you should've made it available in your opening post so people have something to say about it :V

But systems played over chats and forums without dice have always interested me, something with a core kind of ruleset as opposed to just freeform.

Ron Edwards

Hi Brian,

To discuss your idea further, you must provide a link to some kind of external document that we can use for a reference here. Please see the sticky post at the top of this forum for the details.

And to encourage you, there has been at least fairly ambitious and interesting chat-based RPG published, Code of Unaris. I'm not sure if that website link is current in terms of the game's availability, though; you can read about my experiences playing it in [Code of Unaris] Don't miss this one.

Best, Ron