[Solar System] The first 3rd party setting for Solar System in german …

Started by oliof, June 03, 2009, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliof

... before that is even released in print.

The german rpg forum Taneorn ran a setting challenge in the month of may.

One of the contestants decided to use the Solar System rules as basis for his setting, Auf Staub gebaut (Built on Dust in english). The design diary and the final product are linked here.

The 20 word synopsis is a world not entirely unlike the old egypt, where people mine for a powerful addictive drug that renders you immortal.

You get undead god-kings and queens in big chambers, reality warping dust mines, clairvoyant cats, a city of the dead, crocodile cults, ... 

I'll throw in a link to the competition entry anyway, because it is so beautiful. Here it is.

Paul Czege

It's gorgeous. And the cultures sound fantastic. Makes me wish I could read German.

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton

Courage75

Paul Czege

"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton

oliof

The jury just started the judging process.

As it stands, the setting misses a bit of mechanical scaffolding, but that is due to the word limit (5000 words, which is comparable to 3500-4000 words in english).

A translation is entirely possible.