[Evil High] Public Release. Ready for Peer Review.

Started by Sp4m, February 10, 2012, 10:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp4m

Hello Forum! I am pleased to announce that my game "Evil High" has been released to my website, www.goodideagames.com.

Players are would-be Super Villains, in a special high school for evil children. There, they are taught the difference between villainy and crime, and the importance of intelligence, persistence, and progress.

The game has a number of unique features, most central of which is the campaign design. Players are given a dozen or so "current events" or news headlines (Both real current events and fictitious) about things happening around the city, and their Junior year AP project is to create an evil plan, and pull it off. Players connect these current events (focused around people, places and things) to create an Evil Plan.

Meanwhile, opposition comes in the form of the meddlesome Super High "Super Team" an all-american politically correct poster team, assembled largely for public relations and community service. That pretty much means they're over-eager to beat up some villains. Unfortunately, the player characters are weak. Their powers have terrible drawbacks, and seldom work reliably. but their entire education is based around the idea that they can only win if they outsmart the opposition, so with some careful planning and some underhanded tricks, victory may be possible...

The game is a PG-13 sitcom-style deconstruction of the super hero genre. It's not a game about what would happen if villains stopped being so dumb; it's a game about why they act that way, and why that is so much fun.

For your amusement, your consideration, and your comments, I present Evil High. (Content complete, but still needs more Art)
http://www.goodideagames.com/evilhigh

Sp4m

Let me take some thunder out of my sails, it looks like there are a few missing links on my site still. I'll have them fixed this weekend, and I'll update this post when I've done so.

Sp4m

Okay, link issue sorted out. Page was corrupted. Has been rebuilt and links repaired.

Let me start with a simple question to you, other developers... Does this look FUN?