SOLAR SYSTEM IN PORTUGUESE!

Started by Lo.Ste.Pelle, September 01, 2010, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lo.Ste.Pelle

Hello there!

My name's Stefano Pelletti, and is a pleasure write on this marvellous RPG forum!

Despite Italian, i'm living in Brazil since 2002, and i have to say that this is the BEST place ever to live, work and PLAY RPG X ).

Now... i'm writing here to advise that i've start a translation of the Solar System to the portugues fom an italian version, to share this unforgettable game with my brazilian group (they can't speak english)...

In my lecture of the manual, emerged some doubts, that i'm sure will emerge again during the translation... I will come here, "directly to the source" to clear them...

Thanks Eero for the SS! Thanks to the Forge that allows this proximity with the CREATOR!

Ste!

Paolo D.

Hi Stefano! Welcome :-)

Are you translating from the Solarwiki?

Lo.Ste.Pelle

Yes Paolo, actually...

You are a member of the GCG, aren't you?

I often read the GCG recension and topics!!

Paolo D.

Yes I am :-)

I asked you because, maybe, so you could coordinate with the guys by Janus in the translation (it would be good to avoid the "amplifications" of translation issues) but if you know GcG you should already be well-positioned about that :-)

Lo.Ste.Pelle

Thanks Paolo for the advice!

Yes, i'm concerned about the "translation disease". For that, i have posting thar, to "eliminate" my doubts, and discuss certain points of the translation work to avoid "amplifiations", as you say so!

Eero Tuovinen

This sounds like a worthwhile project. Do by all means ask us if you're uncertain about the intent of the rules-text at any point. Also, I seem to remember that somebody else had a half-finished translation project on SS going somewhere... ah yes: João Mariano it was. I haven't heard from that project for a while, so no idea of its progress.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Lo.Ste.Pelle

Thanks for the info Eero... i have found nothing on the net... i will contact this João Mariano!

jrnmariano

Quote from: Eero Tuovinen on September 01, 2010, 06:20:31 PM
This sounds like a worthwhile project. Do by all means ask us if you're uncertain about the intent of the rules-text at any point. Also, I seem to remember that somebody else had a half-finished translation project on SS going somewhere... ah yes: João Mariano it was. I haven't heard from that project for a while, so no idea of its progress.

Hi again Eero! I'm sorry I haven't updated you in a while but unfortunately the translation is still in its early beggining stages. Either way I've just answered Stefano's mail, sharing what I've got so far and establishing a channel for further assistance and colaboration.