Started by David C, August 11, 2009, 04:34:48 AM
Quote from: David C on August 11, 2009, 04:34:48 AMRecently, one of my threads was moved from "Actual Play" to "Playtesting." Well, the overarching "concept" of the Forge is "RPG design." However, a lot of times, it feels like there is a hidden agenda (the real agenda) which is to promote Indy RPGs. The difference between "Actual Play" and "Playtesting" seems to be that "Actual Play" is for playing Indy RPGs, whereas "Playtesting" is for playing... unfinished Indy games?? A quick look at a couple statistics show us a coupe things about these forums.
QuoteThis site is dedicated to the promotion, creation, and review of independent role-playing games.
QuoteGetting your post moved isn't that big a deal, is it? Really?
QuoteI don't really care what forum posts are in when I'm reading. I use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top almost exclusively and click anything that interests me.
QuoteQuoteI don't really care what forum posts are in when I'm reading. I use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top almost exclusively and click anything that interests me.Then you're a power user (a skilled user.) That's maybe 10% of everyone? The other 90% just visit whatever boards they visit. Like I never visit playtesting (I always forget it's there... as evidence by the mistake I made where I posted my playtesting into actual play.) I don't use the feature you mentioned, and even if I did, other people don't.
Quote from: David C on August 11, 2009, 04:34:48 AMWhy wouldn't we treat our forum board the same way? Couldn't "First Thoughts," "Actual Play" and "Playtesting" be better replaced with just "Design" and "Play"?